Smart measuring of overflow and indirect flow in water and sewage wells
– we enable the connected city
A smart and sustainable city must be able to prevent overflow. With our cloud-based sensor solution, it’s easy to monitor and manage water and sewage systems in real-time. In short, AXsensor enables smart and sustainable solutions for the connected city.
An exact measuring of overflow
As legislations become stricter, the requirements for overflow rapports become greater. But today, theoretical calculations are not enough – every municipality must be able to present exact values. With our cloud-based sensor solution you can efficiently measure the overflow in your water and sewer systems with high reliability, and generate a basis for clear rapports based on these exact measurements. This makes it easy for you to get a clear overview of your unclean water overflow.
Flow measuring with early warning
When cities grow and densify, ”bottlenecks” appear in the existing water and sewer systems. This can result in overflow. With our cloud-based sensor solution, you get clear indirect flow measuring with ”early warning” – an alarm function that notifies you as soon as the waters in your wells reach critical levels. This allows you to get to know your water and sewer system and be able to identify problematic areas. By doing so, you are able to quickly prevent flooding caused by either heavy rain or for example cellar premises in connection to temporary road work.
This is how our sensor solution work
1. A sensor and an external antenna is installed in every water and sewage well. The installation is very simple, and the battery in the sensor will last for up to 10 years.
2. The sensor is connected to LPWAN/LoRa and measures overflow and indirect flow with high reliability, while also communicating with a cloud-based system in real-time.
3. The cloud-based system visualizes the exact measurements and instantly shows what is going on in every water and sewage well.
WakeUp – smart measuring with low energy consumption
Our sensors are equipped with WakeUp – a unique function that automatically activates and gives ”early warning” when the water in the wells reach critical levels. When Wake-Up is activated, the frequency of measuring can increase up to 30 times per hour. This means:
4. You will be able to pinpoint how each water and sewage well acts under special circumstances. Our cloud-based system also generates a basis for overflow rapports – with exact measurements for each well.
5. You can carefully follow the flow in your water and sewage wells, quickly get a clear overview of the overflow and always plan your proactive actions well in advance.
Low energy consumption. Our Wake-Up function has yet another advantage: high reliability and low energy consumption. The function is only activated when the water level in the well demands an increased frequency of measuring. At all other times, the sensor will measure with a normal frequency. This allows the battery in the sensor to last for up to 10 years.
Our acoustic sensor is very easy to install, with very little impact on the well. Furthermore, the installation is fast – several sensors can be installed in one day. All of this contributes to a good working environment.
This is how you install our sensors:
6. A sensor is rappelled down with a wire. The wire is then attached to the wall of the well with a bolt.
7. An antenna is attached at the top of the well, with the help of a magnetic fastener.
8. Done! The well is now connected and ready to transmit exact measuring data.
A sustainable solution
Current climate changes result in increased amounts of water. Our sensor solution enables you to efficiently monitor the amount of unclean sewer water, which will help to save the environment. Since this also helps you to prevent flooding, you will be able to avoid both problems and costs. And thanks to the very easy installation of our sensors, you will save time while also providing the installers with a better working environment. In short, our sensor solution is very helpful to municipalities that value sustainability.
This is unique about AXsensor:
– Robust sensors that can be drowned.
– Measurements with high reliability.
– WakeUp: an automatic function that gives early warning and can send measurement data every other minute.
– Very low energy consumption and long lasting battery (up to 10 years).
– Very easy installation: one bolt, one wire and one magnetic fastener.
We enable the smart and sustainable city
AXsensor plays an important role in the development of the concept Smart City. Our cloud-based sensor solution is developed to monitor and manage water and sewage systems, and enable measuring data in real-time. It’s a smart IoT application that makes it easy for you to monitor and manage the overflow and indirect flow in your water and sewage well systems. With our help, it is possible to build a smart and sustainable city that can handle the challenges of both today and tomorrow.
For more information – download our information sheet.
Kristianstad is first to go
We have been trusted to deliver smart sensors for measuring overflow and indirect flow in the project ”Smart VA in Kristianstad municipality”. With the help of our acoustic sensors and an own LoRaWAN network, the municipality can now follow everything that is going on in their water and sewage system in real-time. Personel in charge of the water and sewage unit now receive current measurement data visualized on a platform. This makes it easy for them to monitor and manage everything that is happening in the water and sewage system.
Overflow is a growing problem, much due to the increasing climate changes we face all over the world. This problem is extra noticeable when stormwater, caused by to heavy rain, flood the sewage system. AXsensor is a part of the solution – with the help of our sensors you will get total control over the overflow situation in your water and sewage systems. Would you like to know more about the project ”Smart VA in Kristianstad municipality”?
“”We are very happy and proud to a part of this project as suppliers of smart and connected sensors. Smart VA is an IoT project that aims to benefit the society and create a better life for the residents of Karlstad municipality. This trust that we have been given prove that AXsensor plays an important role in both the digitalization of Sweden and the building of the smart, connected city.”
VD AXsensor AB